Transparent & honest
KR Property (also referred to as “we”, “our” and “us”) is committed to protecting your privacy and personal information when you use our services or our website.
- Collection and Use of Personal Information
2.1 Information We Collect
We collect information that personally identifies you, which may include your full name, job status and title, company name, address, phone and fax numbers, email address, mobile number, date of birth, gender, property details, payment details, proof of identity (e.g. driver licence or passport number), interest areas and other preferences. We may collect additional personal information from time to time.
We may also collect credit-related personal information to assess your credit worthiness including credit liability information, repayment history information, court proceedings, insolvency actions and credit worthiness.
We may need to collect sensitive information about employees or prospective employees including ethnicity, criminal record, tax file number, disabilities and employment history.
We do not otherwise generally collect sensitive information about you, unless it is voluntarily provided to KR Property in the course of carrying out our services.
You don’t have to give us the information requested. However, if you do not provide us with some or all of the personal information requested, we may not be able to provide you with services or satisfy your request, to the requested standard or at all, and you may also miss out on receiving valuable information about KR Property.
2.2 Consent to Collection and Use
You consent to us collecting sensitive information which you provide to us voluntarily.
2.3 Why We May Collect, Hold, Use and Disclose Personal Information
KR Property may collect, hold use and disclose personal information about you to provide and improve the quality of the KR Property services. Our collection, holding, use and disclosure of your personal information will depend on our relationship with you, the circumstances of collection and the type of products and service you request from us, but may include the following:
- to provide a product or service that you have requested, for example, if you have requested information from the KR Property website;
- to identify and/or verify the identity of any vendor, prospective vendor, landlord or tenant for any property we manage or propose to manage;
- to process and assess any application received in relation to a tenancy or lease of any property;
- to advertise, market and promote any sale, tenancy or lease of any property;
- to negotiate and prepare any sale or tenancy agreement, lease or any other document for any property;
- to liaise and exchange information with the vendor, landlord, purchaser or tenant as well as their agents, contractors, legal, financial and other advisors in connection with any sale, tenancy or lease of any property;
- to manage any sale, tenancy or lease agreement including the collection of rent and other amounts on behalf of the vendor or landlord and preparation of required statements of account;
- to ensure the safety and security of vendors, landlords and existing occupiers and each of their property in connection with the inspection of any property by prospective purchasers or tenants;
- to provide your insurer with information relating to or connected with any property;
- to comply with any applicable law in connection with the sale or tenancy agreement or lease;
- to confirm whether a party is registered for GST purposes;
- to inform and conduct marketing activities including to promote other sale or rental property that we are managing or any other service that we provide, unless you tell us not to;
- because you work for us, or apply to us for a job, work experience or appointment as a franchisee or contractor agent or broker; and
- to maintain our records and comply with our legal obligations.
2.3 How We Collect Personal Information
The main ways we collect personal information are:
- Access to Website and Social Networking Services:
- Mailing Lists:
If you subscribe to any of our mailing lists.
- Employment and Other Relationships:
If you apply for a job with us or become an employee, franchisee, agent and/or brokers.
- Supply or Services:
If you are a supplier or service provider to KR Property or if KR Property is a supplier or service provider to you, in connection with the supply of products and services.
- Other Contact and Requests:
If you request us to provide you with KR Property services or for information regarding KR Property services, including sales and leasing services. This may include online, email and telephone enquiries, if you attend a property inspection and/or visit our offices.
- Conferences, Training and Events:
If you register, attend or present at one of our conferences, training sessions and events.
- Third parties:
(i) credit reporting bodies, law enforcement agencies and government agencies to verify identity and/or assess credit worthiness;
(ii) service providers that may provide market leads or marketing services to us and online platforms such as Google and Facebook;
(iii) your representatives including lawyers, mortgage broker, accountants and financial advisers; and
(iv) your employer or other individuals to confirm your identity or other details about you in any application that you may submit to us including in respect of a job application intermediaries such as recruitment agents or personnel providers.
- Disclosure of personal information
3.1 Disclosure of personal information to third parties
We may disclose your personal information to third parties as a part of providing the KR Property services, including:
- to other parties in any real estate transaction including developers, vendors, landlords, purchasers and tenants and their representatives;
- to guarantors, other mortgage intermediaries, lenders, financial institutions, insurers, valuers and credit reporting bodies and providers;
- to your representatives including lawyers, mortgage broker, accountants and financial advisers;
- to marketing, advertising and promotions services providers and event organisers in connection with our marketing, advertising or events;
- to service providers of other administrative or operational services to KR Property, such as market research companies, IT service providers, utility companies, payment processors and debt collectors;
- to credit reporting agencies or other credit providers, to assist us in assessing any that you make;
- to law enforcement or government agencies or other third parties, if permitted or required by law; and/or
- otherwise with your consent.
In many cases, KR Property imposes contractual restrictions equivalent to those imposed on KR Property under the Privacy Act in respect of collection and use of personal information by those third parties. In some cases, KR Property’ ability to impose contractual restrictions is limited. In those circumstances, KR Property will carefully consider the risks to the protection of personal information when entering into arrangements with third parties.
Under no circumstances will KR Property sell or receive payment for licensing or disclosing your personal information.
In the event of a data breach likely to cause serious harm involving your personal information, we will notify you in accordance with our Notifiable Data Breaches scheme obligations under Part IIIC of the Privacy Act.
3.2 Cross-border disclosure of personal information
Some of KR Property’ third party contractors, suppliers and distributors may be located overseas or perform services overseas and as a result your personal information may be disclosed to a third party in a foreign country.
Under the Privacy Act, we must take reasonable steps, before personal information is disclosed to an overseas recipient, to ensure that the overseas recipient does not breach Australian privacy laws in relation to that information (the Obligation).
The Obligation does not apply if you consent to disclosure of your personal information to an overseas recipient.
By supplying personal information to us you consent to the disclosure of your personal information to an overseas recipient and agree that the Obligation does not apply.
- Accessing your personal information
You have the right to request access to personal information that is held by KR Property about you.
You also have the right to request the correction of any of your personal information that KR Property holds. We will take reasonable steps to make appropriate corrections to personal information so that it is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
To seek access to, or correction of, your personal information please contact KR Property as follows:
0407 835 207
Attention: Privacy Officer
PO Box 188
NARRABRI NSW 2390
- Use of your personal information to contact you
We will never knowingly send you unsolicited commercial electronic messages. More information on the Spam Act 2003 (Cth) is available from the regulator’s website: www.acma.gov.au/spam
We may use information that we know about your likes and interests to tell you about KR Property products and services. We may know about your likes and interests because you have provided that information.
- Opting out
If you decide that you do not want to be contacted by KR Property please contact the Privacy Officer (details at clause 5 above). You may also opt out of receiving communications by following the unsubscribe function on any KR Property communications.
We will use reasonable endeavours to remove your name from the mailing lists within a reasonable period of receiving your request.
- Storage and protection of your personal information
KR Property stores personal information both electronically on servers hosted by our service providers and in hard copy at the KR Property secured offices within locked filing cabinets. KR Property has implemented appropriate physical, electronic and managerial security procedures in order to protect personal information from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction. KR Property regularly reviews security and encryption technologies and will strive to protect information to the fullest extent possible.
Due to the nature of the internet, KR Property cannot give any warranties as to the security of any personal information transmitted by you to KR Property over the internet, or that personal information will not be accessed by unauthorised persons.
We encourage you to be vigilant about the protection of your own personal information when using any digital services.
- Privacy and Change of Control
In the event KR Property goes through a business transition, such as a merger, being acquired by another company, or selling a portion of its assets, users’ personal information will, in most instances, be part of the assets transferred.
- Linked Sites
- Personal Information About Other People
If you give us personal information about any other person in relation to or in connection with the sale or leasing of any property:
- we are entitled to assume that you have sought their consent to the disclosure of such personal information to us;
If you wish to make a complaint about KR Property handling of your personal information, you should first make a complaint in writing to the KR Property Privacy Officer. KR Property will handle your complaint seriously and confidentially and will provide you with a response in a reasonable time period (usually 30 days). If KR Property is unable to resolve your complaint, or you are not satisfied with the response, you may seek to have the matter resolved through mediation.
- National Privacy Commissioner
If you are not satisfied with the way in which we handle your enquiry or complaint, or you wish to make a complaint about any perceived breach by KR Property of the APPs you can contact the Office of the relevant Privacy Commissioner on:
Tel 1300 363 992 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
A licensed sales agent, and stock & Station Agent, KR Property offers a transparent, honest and professional sales experience to deliver outstanding results in the property sales sector. Operated by locally respected agent, Kim Rozendaal, with many years of experience in the real estate industry.